It was a good day out and about!
The days I go out and do stuffs all day. Having some good food, exploring new places and learning new things casually. I considered those days good days!
Here's another day where we went to get breakfast at a place we hadn't been called 'Redwood Cafe' in Fortuna, California.
Then we headed a bit up north to had some sweet at Ramone's Bakery & Cafe, Eureka, California. The desserts there were good! Like, not amazingly good but you know, good enough :D
One thing I discovered there and it wowed me.. Well, maybe I had been under a rock or something, I'm sure a lot of you have never seen this as well so here I am showing you this innovation..
Yes! Straws made of paper!
Doesn't that sound a bit weird to you? I didn't realise at first though I noticed how weird it looked. As a user (sucker) I was, it worked as well as a normal straw, or did it? It feels a bit weird as it's pretty hard compared to normal ones. Also, it's easily torn by being used for too long, like, 2 hours..
These paper straws are manufactured by Aardvark in the USA with 100% compostable bio-degradable, and FEA approved materials
The place seems to care so much about the oceans and to be honest, I do too! Both the oceans and the environment in general so..
Here are some good reasons behind it :
- 90% of all trash in the world's oceans in comprised of plastic
- Plastic straws are among the top 10 debris items found in the oceans
- 44% of all seabirds and mammals have ingested plastic
- Each day we use 500 million straws - enough to fill 46,400 school busses per year
- All plastic are harmful to marine environment
- if we don't act now, by 2050, there will be more plastic than fish in our oceans
Let's just all be responsible while having fun in this planet! <3
Ps. I have been missing blogging / vlogging and YOU ALL!!
Not on Steem yet?? Let the ninja gets you a Steem account and start earning crypto!
All copy and photos are original content by me.